It’s still not too late to claim or donate – Our Local Hardship Fund

Jun 18th, 2018 | By | Category: Further information

If you participated in the industrial action called by UCU in support of the USS Pensions Campaign during February/March 2018, and the University has docked pay from you as a result, you may still be entitled to apply to the Branch’s Local Hardship Fund.

The Local Hardship Fund prioritises:

  • Staff on insecure contracts, i.e. those undertaking hourly work or work allocated on a semester-by-semester basis.
  • Staff who experience exceptional hardship as a result of taking action.

Staff claiming from the Local Hardship Fund are also eligible to claim from the National Fighting Fund (  If you are claiming from both funds then you must confirm that you will not receive more than the total loss of income from combined applications to UCU accredited funds.

Note that the full amount that you claim might not be paid, in the light of the amount of money still available in the Hardship Fund after a number of claims have already been reimbursed.  However, staff on hourly contracts will be considered before others.

All applications must be accompanied by evidence of loss of pay, usually one or more payslips:

  • Payslips that shows an explicit deduction entry
  • Or (typically hourly paid staff) a payslip showing pre-strike hours, and subsequent payslips showing reduced hours.

To apply to the Hardship Fund, please print and complete this form, attach copies of your payslips evidencing the loss of pay, and:

  • Post hardcopy to: Pam McGibbon, UCU Stirling Branch Administrator, Room 3A42, Cottrell Building, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA
  • Or email as attachments to:

Claims must be submitted within 3 months of the date of loss of pay.

Payment will be made by BACS to the bank account which you detail on the form.


Comments are closed.